Finished this lovely lacey piece! It turned out just the way I had hoped. I think it’s really cute and pretty.
This painting was my original inspiration but I sort of got off track. I would say it’s 1840s English fashion. Though it’s an evening style and day dress material so i’m really not sure where it fits in. I’m not the best at accuracy;;
It’s made from five yards of floral home decor fabric and several yards of cotton mesh lace which I tea stained to match the material. Material costs were probably around sixty dollars.
The dress has about 22 hours of work in it and was made over a two day period. At least eighty percent of that time was spent hand sewing
I’ve made the mature decision to ignore all my other projects for the next 48 hours and start a new one instead. Because I needed to make a historical project. It’s been three weeks and I was going through withdrawals.
Once I finish this dress and resume everything else i’m going to focus on one piece at a time until they are all done. This whole eight things in progress at once really doesn’t work out for me so i’m not sure why I put myself in this situation.
New video! This one shows me making my Fall Flower Fairy skirt.
I had planned on this being a talk through tutorial, but to include all the information it would have to be over twenty minutes long. I wouldn’t personally watch a video of that length so I decided against it.
I do have more information on my blog if you are curious about the process, all that can be seen here!
Bodice progress for my fall flower fairy! I redrafted it and changed a lot to make it so I can add sleeves. I was worried it would look boring but I really like the outcome, and I think with sleeves it will be really cute.
I love these flowers paired with the peach tulle, i’m not sure why but it reminds me of the pressed flower bookmarks you are forced to make in kindergarten.
Some magical tulle action happening today. I have to make the tulle layer a bit shorter, then smooth it out on the bottom and sew it into place. By this time tomorrow it should be looking much more finished and less messy!
I’ve decided to completely change the bodice design so it might take me longer than expected to get this project finished. But hopefully it’ll be done in time to take advantage of the nearby pumpkin patch and sunflower field!
Yup I’m doing another one of these…but this time with even more flowers! I have to even things out a little but so far I like it. I wanted to make something fun and fall themed and this project was a perfect fit.
It’s made from chiffon and mirror organza with horsehair in the hem and piles of ashland flowers glued on. Took a little more then four hours to make.
I may or may not have burned a huge hole when ironing it, then covered it up with flowers.
But if I talk about them they are way less likely to actually happen!
-I want to finish my Monarch Series, which has six main pieces. So it’s like six projects in one, and that isn’t including headpieces and stuff.
-Make two historical menswear inspired costumes. Ideally I would like to make three but i’ll settle for two. One of them is already started - it’ll be a fancy velvet jacket with lace appliques!
-Finish my Regency dress!
-Make something 18th century inspired. I have the fabric for it, it just hasn’t been a priority.
-Make something Fall themed and photograph it in a pumpkin patch! I’ve already started collecting supplies and drafting the pattern.
-Make something winter themed.
I have some flowery fabric I want to turn into an 1830s getup, and some brocade that I want to do something Medieval with. Oh and some black lace and taffeta which is begging to be turned into some elaborate 17th century gown…
I was feeling a little down the other day so I decided to look back on what i’ve made this year. I realized I had ten “original” projects so I decided to put them into a photoset!
I’m proud of what i’ve made so far but I haven’t accomplished nearly as much as I had hoped!
Luckily I have three months left, hopefully I can get a satisfactory amount of stuff done in that time period. I think I have at least twelve projects I would like to finish up before this year ends, which is kind of crazy.
Most of these were made between April-August, and this isn’t including Elsa, stays, chemises, headpieces, or incomplete projects. Everything was drafted and sewn by me, and most of them are original designs!